Seeing as a large majority of our audience preferred working on Android for the initial Developer Student Club Workshop, we have decided to come up with fun filled Android workshop designed to get you up and running in the world of Android development. This is the first in a series of workshops to learn building Android applications from scratch.
Time: 1:15 PM IST
- Introduction to Android
- Working with Android Studio
- What are SDKs? How do we use them?
- Building our first simple app
As Android Studio is a heavy software, it will require time to install. To help you do this, we recommend following these instructions or contacting us at the SOSC Room in the 4th floor at Sahaydri College of Engineering & Management during the first break. We will help you install Android Studio on your system before during the week right up to before the event.
This is a BYOC event
We'll be giving you hands-on experience on how to work with Android. So the event is Bring Your Own Computer workshop, your Laptops will be of great help here. Also, please note that running Android Studio with any system below 4GB RAM will be a tedious process. We reccommend having a laptop with minimum 4GB RAM.
- A visit to the SOSC Room to install Android Studio should you need help with it
Trainers and Mentors
- Akashdeep Bhagat, Android Lead - DSC
- Shreyas Baliga, Flutter Lead - DSC
- Melwin Lobo, GCP Lead - DSC
- Afroz, PWA Lead - DSC
- Akshay Ram Bhat, Lead - DSC