This is a BYOC Workshop
This workshop requires you to bring your own computer to work with since we are giving you hands on experience building modern web applications.
Since this is a community driven event, there is no fee to attend the workshop but attendance is mandatory if you are registering for the workshop to avoid blacklisting for future workshops.
- Node.js Installed on your computer. Windows users, follow this link to install Node.js, Linux/Ubuntu users use NVM to install Node.js Note: DONOT INSTALL AS SUDO
- VSCode installed in your system. Follow the link to install the latest version of VSCode in your computer.
Workshop Time Line
- Where it is used and current market value/opportunities @haxzie
- Managing DOM using JS @shravan1998
- variables, conditional statements, and functions built-in functions @coderhawk999
- Hands-on session on building a small browser-based JS app (Maybe a calculator, weather search, or anything similar) @akashdeepb
- Introduction to Node.js @akashdeepb
- Introduction to server-side scripting @hm-bilal
- Variables, conditional statements, and functions. @shravan1998
- Introduction to NPM @haxzie
- Hands-on session - Publishing your first NPM module @haxzie
- Introduction to Express.js @haxzie
- Building a small web server @haxzie
- Node.js and Beyond
- Future of Node
- Frontend frameworks
- opportunities and applications of JS